London, United KingdomWHEN
Flora Gardens Primary SchoolBUDGET
This project explores the opportunities for transforming the Flora Gardens Primary School and increasing the school’s capacity from 1FE to 2FE plus Nurseries. Flora Gardens Primary School is a community primary school with currently 232 pupils on the school role. The ages range from 3 to 11 years. The space requirements are based on the Department for Education (DfE) guidelines Building Bulletin No 99
(BB99). The feasibility study for enlargement:
• identified three options to suit the vision of the school community;
• included a spatial analysis of the existing and proposed facilities;
• highlighted the constraints affecting the realization of the client’s brief;
• included a structural appraisal of the existing buildings and made initial recommendations on the technical viability of the proposed works;
• included a cost analysis of the proposed three options;
• included an assessment of the existing building services and an initial building services proposal.
The members of E&E Team were involved in this project.