This project explores the opportunities for transforming the Flora Gardens Primary School and increasing the school’s capacity from 1FE to 2FE plus Nurseries. Flora Gardens Primary School is a community primary school with currently 232 pupils on the school role. The ages range from 3 to 11 years. The space requirements are based on the Department for Education (DfE) guidelines Building Bulletin No 99
(BB99). The feasibility study for enlargement:
• identified three options to suit the vision of the school community;
• included a spatial analysis of the existing and proposed facilities;
• highlighted the constraints affecting the realization of the client’s brief;
• included a structural appraisal of the existing buildings and made initial recommendations on the technical viability of the proposed works;
• included a cost analysis of the proposed three options;
• included an assessment of the existing building services and an initial building services proposal.
The members of E&E Team were involved in this project.